Kulfi

A very happy and wonderful New Year 2013.

I would like to start this new year with my family's favorite dessert "KULFI". It is prepared from condensed milk and nuts. While preparing this, I could recollect my school days sweet memories, where I used to wait for kulfi wala, who used to come with a small bell ringing to attract kulfi lovers like me.Nostalgic !!

 Lets go for recipe.






Ingredients


Evaporated milk
Condensed milk
Milk powder - 3 to 4 tbsp
Saffron - a pinch
Elachi (Cardamom) powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashew - 3 to 4
Pistachios - 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Almonds - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)


Method

  • Dry roast almonds, cashew and pistachios. Chop them into small pieces. 
  • In a sauce pan, mix evaporated milk and milk powder followed by vigorous mixing. Boil it in a medium flame until you notice the volume of the milk getting reduced. Add condensed milk & check for sweetness.
  • Add saffron, cardamom powder and all chopped nuts and cook it in a low flame for 1-2minutes.
  • Allow the contents to cool and put it in a kulfi molds. Refrigerate it for 3- 5 hours or until it frozen completely.
Yummy Kulfi is ready. Enjoy with your Family.

Once again, I wish you a very happy new year !!

Comments

Popular Posts