Brinjal chutney

It was lazy evening for me because of long weekend. I was lazy to cook neither rice or chutney for my dinner. I had some dosa batter so thought I can prepare dosa for dinner ,but again comes question as what to prepare for side dish ? I only had brinjal and  carrot in fridge.

Thank God. Google surf helped me to find chutney recipe using Brinjal as main ingredient. I modified the recipe to my own cooking style, which can suit to my taste buds :). 



Ingredients


Brinjal - 1 big
Red chilli - 2 to 3
Mustard - 1 tbsp
Urad dhal - 3/4 tbsp
Hing - a pinch
Tamarind - a small lime sized
Jaggery - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method


Apply a coat of oil on the brinjal and roast it in a medium flame.Once the brinjal skin gets blackened, peel off the skin completely.

 Cut the brinjal into small pieces and keep it aside.

In a pan, add 1/2 tbsp of oil, splutter mustard, red chilli, urad dhal, piece of tamarind and roast it for a while.

Now put the prepared contents together with chopped brinjal & jaggery in a mixer. Grind it in a chutney consistency  Add salt according to your taste.

Do a seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves. 

Serve with either Dosa or Idly. I had this chutney with dosa. Yummy !!





Comments

Popular Posts