Mashed Garlic Spinach

Round Spinach is a versatile food and it can be consumed in any form such as salad or green smoothie. This leafy vegetable is an good source of all vitamins, manganese, zinc and infact good dietary fiber. It is also good weight-loss diet if taken in abundant. This has abundant flavinoid compounds which act as anti-cancer substance. I love to add Garlic in almost all of my cooking. Garlic reduces LDL chloesterol and controls blood pressure as well. I always want my cooking to be healthy and tasty.

Whenever I cook something in spinach, am getting remind of my childhood days. Yes Popeye the sailor man cartoon. I was addicted to that cartoon when he squeezed the cans of spinach into his mouth and instantly developed muscles and super strength. Immediately I will run to my mom's kitchen and look for spinach and will start acting myself as popeye. Oooo.. Those are sweet childhood memories.

Ok memories will be always evergreen like my receipe. Lets go to quick spinach garlic receipe.



Ingredients

Round Spinach - 1 bunch
Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves
Shallot - 1
Sugar - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp

Method

Take a pan, add oil and saute garlic, hing and shallot. Keep it aside. 

Add chopped spinach, sugar & sprinkle some water. Cover the pan and let it cook for a while. Spinach will cook in less than 10 minute. (when you add sugar to spinach, it will maintain its colour).

Once it is cooked, mash the spinach for a while with ladle before you put the contents into the mixer.

Now put the mashed spinach, garlic, hing & shallot into a mixer. Grind it in a smooth paste consistency.

Do a seasoning with mustard seeds and urad dhal. You can serve it with either rice or roti. I had this with my roti. Yummy !!






Comments

Popular Posts