Green gram Sundal

Sundal is  a south Indian snack with high protein content. Atleast once in a month,  Sundal will be part of my kitchen. Whenver I get bored of vegetables, curry I prefer to have sundal as my side dish. It need less time to cook and it go well with Roti or rice. I chose green gram for today's recipe. Its a very good healthy recipe for weight loss, enriched with vitamins and high fibre content. I remember my mom use to prepare different kinds of sundals for Navarathri function. She used to cook green gram in sweet as well as savory version. I like savory items more than sweets. So i posted today's recipe  "Green gram sundal".



Ingredients :

Green gram (Pacha payiru) - 3/4 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli - 1 to 2
Ginger - 1/2 tsp (Finely grated)
Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
Curry leaves - 1 spring
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method :

Soak Green gram overnight or atleast 6-8 hrs. Wash and pressure cook it with a pinch of salt. Cook it in such a manner it shouldnt be gooey, but should be soft. Drain out the excess water and keep it aside.

In a pan, add oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dhal, red chilli. Add finely grated ginger and curry leaves. Saute it for a while. Now add the cooked green gram and a pinch of hing,mix it well. Finally add grated coconut and adjust the salt.

Enjoy the sundal with Roti or rice. See you in next post !!

Comments

Popular Posts