Rose Milk

Rose Milk is a very popular Indian dessert. It is also a perfect drink to refresh in summer. After a long time, I had a chance to taste Sirap Badung (popular drink among Malays) in my Malay's friend wedding. Tasting that I got my old childhood memories with the yummy taste of rose milk. I like the rose flavour combined with milk + sugar syrup. Given a chance, I will survive just drinking rose milk for whole day. I have such craze to that. I am sure most of us have wonderful memorable stories behind rose milk. Thinking of those memories, Lets go for this wonderful recipe.




Ingredients :

Milk - 2 cup
Vannilla Ice cream - 1 big scoop


To prepare Syrup :

Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
Rose essence -1/2 tsp
Rose water - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 cup

Method :

In a pan, add sugar and water. Heat it in a low medium flame till the sugar dissolve completely. Add the rose essence and rose water and simmer it for 5 mins. Keep the syrup in an airtight container.We can refrigerate it and can use when necessary.

To make rose milk (Rose shake), take 1 cup of milk in the blender. Add 2-3 tsp of rose syrup and a scoop of ice cream to it. Give a quick swirl in mixie blender and make it as a smooth shake. 

Serve chilled. You can top up some badam flakes if you like.

Enjoy rose milk with your sweet old memories as I did !!!

Comments

Popular Posts