Rava upma


I am back from my exciting trip after meeting my relatives, friends and visiting so many temples, shopping, so much entertainment etc etc., Uff !!. Whenever I went to my home town, I used to sit before TV  watching all Tamil music channels((Poor me I don't have much Tamil channels here). My mom used to cook all my favorite dishes and she will bring it to me. I don't even go to kitchen even to wash my hands. Just like a princess !! Being here alone I feel bit lazy to cook. But who can stop human not to become hungry. At least to fill the tummy, I have to go kitchen to cook something. Here comes easy breezy quick recipe. Upma !! 

Upma is South Indian tiffin /breakfast recipe. The recipe I am giving here is simple, plain and fluffy upma, but you can add vegetables of your choice. Lets go for our recipe.


Ingredients :

Rava -1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Channa dhal - 3/4 tsp
Green chillis -1 -2
Onion - 1 cup (Chopped)
Ginger - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves
Oil - 2 tsp
Coconut oil - 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste

Method :

In a kadai, dry roast the rava (Semolina) for 4-7 mins until the raw smell goes off. Roast it in a low flame so that it wont change colour. Set it aside.

In the same kadai, add oil followed by spluttering mustard, urad dhal and channa dhal. Add chopped onions, green chillis, Hing and ginger. Saute it till the onion getting transparent. Now add water & salt (For 1 cup of rava, add 1 1/4 cup of water. Adjust the water and don't let upma to be gooey).

Once the water starts boiling, slowly add the roasted rava in sprinkled manner. Mix it well to avoid lumps. Close the kadai with lid and cook it in a low flame for 4-6 mins or till it become fluffy. Add coconut oil on top and serve hot with Sugar or Coconut chutney.



I had it with coconut chutney !!


Comments

Popular Posts