Jeera rice

Whenever if its public holiday or festival time, my house will be full of guests. Some of my neighbours and friends used to come to my house, chit chat for a while, having lunch together and we used to enjoy a very nice time. If guests come to my house, I prefer to cook very easy breezy recipe which dont want to be too spicy and can go with any curry. Such a quick recipe is "Jeera rice".I have good score among my Chinese neighbours for my jeera rice because its not too spicy or hot either. For my neighbours, am posting this recipe for you. Check it out !!



Ingredients :

Basmathi rice - 1 cup
Shahi Jeera - 1 1/2 tbsp
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
Green chillis -1 to 2
Bay leaves - 1
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 1
Ghee - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

Method :


Wash and soak basmathi rice for 20 mins before cooking. Cook it with a pinch of salt and oil, in a rice cooker or pressure cooker.Keep it aside. (You can either cook rice in advance or you can throw the soaked basmathi rice together with jeera- Mint mixture and cook it with water).




In a pan, add ghee + oil splutter jeera. Now add bay leaves, cardamom, green chlli and cloves. Saute it for a while. Later add mint leaves and saute it for a while. 




Once all done, add the cooked basmathi rice and give it a quick stir. Adjust the salt according to taste. You can garnish with roasted onion as well (Optional).


Serve hot with any gravy of your choice. I had it with Peas masala. Enjoy your meal.



Comments

Popular Posts