Kadala maavu (Besan) laddu

Hi friends,

I am back to blogging after my personal break. From now on, you can expect tasty tongue licking recipes from my blog. For this new beginning, let me start with a sweet. When it comes to sweet, everybody wants it to be quick and tasty. Ofcourse for every festival season, Laddu will be dominant and traditional for most of south Indians festivals, especially in wedding ceremony.  No one can say no to sweets. I am not exceptional either. I remember my childhood days where I used to hide my hands back with full of laddos and tell my mom that I dint eat any.Yes today we going to learn laddu recipe. The easiest and quick laddu - Besan Laddu !!



Ingredients :

Besan (Kadala maavu) - 2 1/4 cup
Clarified butter (Ghee) - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Badam flakes - 3 tsp

Method :

In a kadai add ghee and let it melt for a while, always do it in a low-medium flame.
Add besan flour and mix it till ghee get absorbed. Its better to stir the flour to avoid the besan mix sticking & burning to bottom of the pan . Keep stirring it for 8-12 mins till the raw smell goes off and it mix completely with ghee. 

In the mean time powder the sugar in the mixie and mix the cardamom powder into it. (My mom used to add Edible camphor as well. But this is purely optional). In the same mixie grind the badam flakes as powder.

Remove the flour from heat and mix the powdered sugar + cardomom. Mix it well and let it stand for a while. Allow the contents to cool. It will be in the form of dough. Make small round balls from the dough and give a smooth coat of powdered badam. I am sure it will take you to heaven. 



Yummy and drooling Laddos...
Kanna laddu thinga aasaya.. Aasaya...

Comments

Popular Posts